Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Mostly Settled

Well, we're mostly settled in to the new place now. I must say I could use a little more closet space. I really need one closet for clothes and another for all the gear for my hobbies (knitting, weaving, juggling, painting, the Irish tin whistle, Frisbee golf, paper art including origami, and hiking -- just to name a few). But I must say it is wonderful to finally have all my things in one place for the first time in years, instead of scattered among school/home/apartment/storage. After this move, I found out that I have two of some things...such as two bathroom scales...and probably more dishes/blankets/shoes/coca-cola bottles/pretty paper than I need. My mom also accidentally bought me two of several kitchen items over several Christmases, such as two identical orange peelers*, two pastry brushes (I've never even used one in my whole life...), and several duplicate spatulas and knives.

I was worried about moving my cockatiel, but he took the move better than I ever expected him to and just seems happy to see me more often. I think all the new stuff is exciting for him. I've starting bringing him with me when I shower, something I haven't done in years (due to construction) and he seems to enjoy it.

Speaking of birds and water, I've been enjoying the ducks. The landlady says it's ok to feed them bread, so I have been. Some of them will eat right out of your hand! The landlady has all these stories about the ducks, like how one mom took all her babies into the swimming pool and they had to fish them out with nets.

Looking forward to Friday, when we will be getting cable and internet, which will be the last major thing to really get totally "settled".

*I first misspelled this pealers, heh!

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Sounds lovely! I really must have this new address sometime. (Also, we really must actually talk one of these days...)

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home